This is a living document with my favorite cocktail recipes, tuned to my own tastes and preferences. These recipes are how I make cocktails at home to serve to my own guests. I mention brands because there are differences, and this is all about specifics. Your mileage is guaranteed to vary.
Drink responsibly, as if you're not doing it for an audience.
3 oz Bacardi Silver rum
The juice of one lime, fresh-squeezed
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
3 teaspoon simple syrup. Use the cane sugar stuff, not high fructose corn crap.
Two dozen fresh mint leaves
1. Pluck the mint leaves from the stem. No stems, bud. Put them in a Tom Collins glass (14 oz or so).
2. Add the granulated sugar. It's your grinding abrasive.
3. Muddle the leaves and sugar well. Twist twist twist.
4. Add the rum and the simple syrup. Stir with the muddler to free the mint leaves from the muddler.
5. Add a good handful of ice.
6. Top with club soda.
7. Give one last GENTLE stir with